A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Saturday, January 23, 2010

1 Peter 5: 6 - 10

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Prayer

Father, help me to humble myself before you and the people around me. Take away every pride in me and let your grace abound in me.
Lift me up o Lord.
I submit all my troubles to you, you are more than able to take care of me.
Help me to be sensitive to the devices and tactics of the devil against me and my family. Protect me, let the devil not see me. I refuse to be mince meat for the devil to devour.
You have come to give me abundant life. I embrace life.
I know I have to be steadfast in faith as the devil continues to attack my faith. Help me Lord, I do not want to give in.
With all I am going through, Make me perfect, establish me fully in the faith, strengthen me, I have overcome through what you did on the cross of calvary.
Settle me.
I desire your peace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment