A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, July 29, 2016

Psalm 24:8 - The LORD is Mighty


Photo credit: cambraza.blogspot.com

Exposition
Who is the King of glory? – Have you asked the same question? What are His attributes? What has He done before? Verse 1 of this Psalm says He owns the earth and its fullness. He is the creator of the heavens and the earth. Verse 2 says He founded the earth upon the seas and the floods. Can you imagine what He did at creation? It was an exhibition of power.

The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle – The LORD is God Almighty. He is powerful. I am sure you are aware that there are gods that are made by the hands of carpenters or sculptors. Those gods have no power. Those who worship these gods have to feed them. The Almighty does not need food from any man.
The LORD fights and has never lost a battle. He fights for His own children. The LORD through His Son, Jesus Christ conquered death. He conquered sin and destroyed all principalities and powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.
The beauty of this truth is that the LORD is the same, yesterday, today and forever. He is interested in your situation. He will make a way for you where there seems to be no way.

Prayer
Remember me Lord. I come to you in truth. Help me defeat my enemies as you have done before. Let me experience your power in my life. Let the grip of sin in my life be broken permanently in Jesus name. What you did in the past, I know you can do again. Thank you Father in Jesus name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment