A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Monday, July 25, 2016

1 Thessalonians 2:13 - Receive the Word




Photo credit: slideplayer.com

Exposition
For this reason we also constantly thank God – We who receive the word of God also have to thank God constantly because we have been saved not by our power but by God.

that when you received – Many hear the word of God and do not receive it. Many are in God’s presence and do not understand they are in His presence. Hearts are closed to the word of God.

the word of God which you heard from us – The word we hear from Ministers of God is the word of God. The written word of God is inspired by God. The word is given for the benefit of man and is meant to be a blessing at all times. The beauty that is incontestable is that Jesus Christ, the Son of God is the word of God.

you accepted it not as the word of men – The word that will impact you has to be accepted as the truth. It has to be received with joy no matter how you feel about it. The word of God is different from the word of men for the word of men is the wisdom of men in action to seduce those who hear it.

but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe – The Almighty is the Almighty. What He says He will do, He will surely do. The word of God is backed up by the power of God. On your part, the key word is believe. Without believing the word can’t work.

Prayer
Thank you Lord for saving me. Thank you Father for I am in the land of the living. The dead can’t praise you. Help me Lord to praise you forever.
Lead me to Ministers who do not dilute your word to please men or for their sinister purposes. Help me to appreciate those who preach your word at all times. Help me to accept your word. Help me to refuse the word of men which is meant to confuse and mess me up.
Let your word work in me and for me. Let it come with a quickening that will renew me at all times.




1 comment: