A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Thursday, May 24, 2012

Genesis 19:16 - Lay hold of me O God

And he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the Lotd being merciful into him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city:

Prayer

Help me to realise I am lingering whenever I am in that state.
Turn my heart away from the old and the past, to the new and the better you have in store for me.
You are the fountain of mercy, be merciful to me and all that is mine.
You are the Lord of hosts of heaven. Release the hosts I pray, let them lay hold of me and pull me away from every situation I am not meant to be in.
Thank you for your lovingkindness, I have prayed in the name of your son Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment