A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Matthew 21:13a - A House of Prayer


Photo credit: www.dailylifeverse.com

Exposition
And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer – The temple in Jerusalem was where God dwelt. It was a very large edifice and different activities were performed in the place. There were traders who sold items which were used for sacrifice and in doing so exploited the poor and underprivileged in the society.
In the verse before this, Jesus Christ had entered the temple and sent out the traders who were desecrating the temple, using it for purposes other than prayer and worship of God.
The call is to become a person of prayer, not doing it alone but encouraging members of your family to dedicate time and effort to ensuring your home becomes a ‘house of prayer’. Wherever people gather together to pray, God is always present. God answers, yes He does.

Prayer
Let my home be sanctified. Let my heart be sanctified. Give me a heart that desires prayer. Open my inner eyes to the benefits of a life of prayer. Help me Father to turn to you at all times. Help me so that I become a good example in the area of prayer. As your word says, whenever I call on you, answer me speedily in Jesus name. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment