A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Wednesday, August 3, 2016

2 Samuel 6: 11 - Bless me O Lord



Photo credit: blog.biblia.com

In the earlier verses, we see Uzzah die after touching the ark and King David consequently afraid of bringing the ark into Jerusalem.

Exposition

And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months – The ark of the LORD served as a symbol of the presence of God guiding the people of God in the times of old. Obededom spotted a gap and opened his house for the ark to be brought in. Today you have an opportunity to allow the Spirit of God into your heart to guide and to teach you. Just as Obededom did not exhibit fear so are you encouraged this day that you can only derive benefits from accepting the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

and the LORD blessed Obededom, and all his household – What can be better than an assurance of eternal life !! How about the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit !! Obededom was blessed and the world knew it. The blessing was extended to all in his household. Physical blessings are also a part of the package. No man serves God without blessing, for God cannot be indebted to anybody. He always fulfils His part of the covenant.
Do something today that will cause your future generations to appreciate and praise you forever. Let Jesus Christ in.

Prayer
I do not care about what anyone would say, I ask that you come into my life. I accept that Jesus Christ died for my sins and he is risen from the dead.
Help me Lord to grow in you day by day. Let every blessing associated with accepting you into my life not pass me by.  Help me Lord to serve you in any capacity and let the gifts of service be released unto me in Jesus name. Amen











No comments:

Post a Comment