A Prayer Blog Inspired By Our Everyday Reading Of The Bible.



Friday, August 5, 2016

Habakkuk 2: 1 - Watch and Pray


Photo credit: w3ace.com

Exposition
I will stand upon my watch – Prophets watch whether in good times or in times of distress. Whatever they see or hear, they are meant to pass on to the people.
You have a watch too!!! You have a responsibility to watch. You might be a father or mother, even a child or a minster or member serving a group. You might be a business owner or an employer. It is time to start watching.
Give up yourself to prayer. Look up to God for direction or ask Him for insight into situations. Your wards need Godly guidance and it is only from prayer that the answers will come.
and set me upon the tower – From the tower the watchman could see attackers before they got to the gates of the city.
As you make a decision to set yourself apart to pray, your eyes of understanding are enlightened. In your tower, you will start to fight and the victory gained for you by Christ, you will be able to enforce. The tower is also a place where you read the word of God and you meditate on it.
and will look forth to see what he will speak with me – God still speaks and as the prophet looked forward to hearing from God, so must you expect God to speak with you. The scriptures tell us that the expectation of the righteous will not cut off.
The Lord speaks in small audible voices and also through direct impressions on our hearts. That is why external noises have to be cut off when we are praying.
and what I shall answer concerning my complaint – God is expecting you to plead your case and He has answers which He wants you to pass on to those in your sphere of influence.

Prayer
It is time to pray, help me Father in Jesus name. Help me Father to stand. Help me not to give up or give in. Help me to overcome the challenges of fatigue or discouragement in Jesus name. Help me to dedicate a set time and place where I will always meet with you.
I ask Lord that you teach me how to recognise when you speak to you. Grant me boldness to be able to say what needs to be said to you.
I thank you, my prayer answering Father in Jesus might name. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment